- Elara Motors respects your privacy and your personal information and for this reason, we take care to protect your personal information and to keep it confidential.
- When dealing with your personal information we apply the following –
- Elara Motors will take all reasonable care to protect your personal information, subject to legal obligations that we may be subject to.
- Elara Motors will not use your personal information contrary to any enforceable legal provision. We will seek your permission where required.
- By using the Site, registering or applying online for any Elara Motors products or services, or contacting Elara Motors electronically, you provide Elara Motors with your express written permission to share your personal information within Elara Motors, in the ordinary course of Elara Motors′s business, including for purposes of providing you with the relevant products and services. You may revoke this consent in writing at any time.
3. What Do We Mean By Personal Information
Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you which we acquire directly from you, for example, your name, age and identity number, marital status, spoken language, contact details or any other information you use to register for the website and all related information which you provide to us will also be regarded as personal information.
4. How We Collect Your Personal Information
Whenever you use the Site, complete an application form, contact Elara Motors electronically, or use one of the products, services, facilities, tools or utilities offered by Elara Motors on the Site, Elara Motors will collect your personal information.
5. Why We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
- In order to make your use of the Site and the products, services, facilities, tools or utilities offered on the Site as informative and successful as possible, it is necessary for Elara Motors to find out exactly what you need and want. The following are some of the reasons (i.e. disclosed reasons) why Elara Motors would collect your personal information –
- for Elara Motors to process your instructions or requests;
- for Elara Motors to ensure that we meet your needs, Elara Motors may collect and analyse your personal information and combine all the information that we have about you for research and statistical purposes. We may also use your personal information to personalise and tailor our services to meet your needs;
- for Elara Motors to send you our newspapers, magazines and newsletters, promotional material, relevant advertising or details which we think may be of interest to you subject to applicable laws, once Elara Motors has collected and analysed your personal information,;
- to conduct market research;
- to provide your details to the seller of the products and/or services you wish to inspect/ purchase;
- to contact you in the future at your request; and
- to conduct academic research. This research is conducted to evaluate and improve Elara Motors’s product offerings. You are advised that information may be shared with third parties such as academics and researchers. All information collected for research purposes will be kept strictly confidential and all data will be depersonalised. No personal information will be made available to a third party without your written consent. If we publish the results of this research, you will not be identified by name.
- Your privacy is important to us and we will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised third parties for their independent use, without your consent. If at any stage after you have given Elara Motors your consent, you no longer wish Elara Motors to use or share your personal information, you may at any stage withdraw your consent.
- You accept that we may store your personal information outside of the region or country that you may submit or use it in.
- We may enter into business arrangements with third parties and as such our customer base belongs to us and is one of our more valued assets. If we do this, customer information will be one of our transferrable assets.
- We collect and freely use and distribute non-identifying and aggregate (added up) information for the purposes of upgrading our Site and making it easier for you to use. This information does not include your personal Information.
6. Protection of Your Personal Information
- Elara Motors values the information that you choose to provide and will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information Elara Motors has, concerning Elara Motors clients, is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
- When you use the products, services, facilities, tools or utilities provided by Elara Motors on the Site, you may be given an access number, user name, password and/or personal identification number (“PIN”). You must always keep your user name, access card, password and/or PIN a secret and ensure that you do not disclose it to anyone.
- Elara Motors cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring on your electronic device (personal computer or other electronic device used to browse the Site), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spyware that you may inadvertently have installed on your device.
7. Correction of Personal Information
If you ever want to update or correct any of your personal information held by Elara Motors, you can e-mail us or you can phone our contact centre.
8. Personal Information Held or Disclosed By You Or Elara Motors to a Third Party
Elara Motors may obtain or infer information about your location. We use such information to infer the demographics of our users and to provide you with enhanced services, and appropriate advertising content that may be relevant to you and to obtain aggregate statistics for our advertising customers.